It’s not just players that could be on the move in January as unemployed managers eye up a return to the beautiful game.
Numerous top coaches, including some who have managed Real Madrid, Chelsea, and Tottenham, are just waiting for an opening at a side that suits them.
A number of high-profile managers have turned down opportunities to return to the dugout this season.
Instead they are waiting patiently to get back on the touchline as club owners begin to question whether they have the right man in charge.
Everton are on the hunt for a new boss, but Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United all have stable managers with the trio sitting in the top four of the Premier League.
Chelsea only hired Graham Potter in September, but despite the Blues sitting in tenth spot, owner Todd Boehly is backing him in the market to give him the tools to succeed.
But there could be possible openings at Tottenham and Liverpool, with Antonio Conte in the final six months of his contract, while Jurgen Klopp is under pressure with the Reds in ninth place.
Here talkSPORT runs you through ten of the best managers without a job currently.
Man United duo to leave this summer, Chelsea eye Fernandez and Gordon, Bielsa to Everton
Maguire and McTominay allowed to leave, Wolves prepare for departures, Vieira transfer row
‘All tricks and no substance’ – Man United appear to have bought an £85m YouTube player
UEFA set to introduce five-year FFP limit amid Chelsea’s long-term player deals
Arsenal complete £22m signing, Rice favours Gunners and Arteta wants Spanish wonderkid
Ings faces weeks out after suffering injury on West Ham debut following £15m transfer
The ex-Spurs boss has been unemployed since Paris Saint-Germain sacked him last July despite guiding them to the Ligue 1 title.
Rumours of a return to north London fail to go away with the Argentine touted as a possible replacement for Conte.
But it remains to be seen whether the 50-year-old would want a second spell back at Spurs after the way he was axed in 2019.
There has even been speculation he would be interested in the Chelsea job if Potter is relieved of his duties.
The Frenchman is taking his time over a return to management after leaving his post as Real Madrid boss in May 2021.
Zidane, who guided Los Blancos to three consecutive Champions League titles between 2015-2017, was thought to be keen on France’s national team.
But Les Bleus extended Didier Deschamps’ contract until 2026 to rule out that possible avenue.
The 50-year-old, who has long been linked with a move to England, declared in October it won’t be long until he’s back in the dugout.
He told RMC Sport: “I will be back soon. Wait, wait a little bit. Soon, soon. I’m not far from coaching again.”
Sacked in September after Chelsea’s poor start to the season, the German is believed to be ready for a return to coaching.
Tuchel is another that is said to have been eyed up by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy as a potential replacement should Conte depart.
But that door has been closed after Gareth Southgate decided to remain at the helm of the Three Lions after England’s World Cup exit.
The 67-year-old hasn’t managed since being axed by Leeds in February 2022 with the Whites embroiled in a relegation battle.
Bielsa earned rave reviews during his time at Elland Road with the Yorkshire outfit known for their fast-paced style of play and aggressive press.
It is believed that the Argentine has unfinished business in the Premier League, with Bournemouth eyeing him up earlier in the campaign before opting to appoint caretaker boss Gary O’Neil.
And he is now being linked with the vacant Everton position after Frank Lampard was sacked by the Toffees on Monday.
The ex-Barcelona boss parted ways with Spain last month after their shock defeat to Morocco in the World Cup last-16.
Enrique, who won nine major honours during his three-year spell in charge of Barca, is claimed to fancy another crack at coaching a country.
According to UOL Esporte, Enrique is in talks about replacing Tite as Brazil’s head coach.
Should that happen, he would be the Selecao’s first foreign manager in 58 years.
The 62-year-old stepped down as Germany’s boss after their Euro 2020 exit at the hands of England to bring an end to his 15-year reign in charge.
During that time he won the World Cup in 2014, while helping them to a third place finish four years earlier in South Africa.
He also took Germany to the Euro 2008 final, where Fernando Torres’ strike sealed victory for Spain.
But he has been linked with a return to football, with the Daily Express stating he is yet another candidate to succeed Conte if the Italian leaves.
Speaking recently on his future, Low said: “I already have the intention of taking on a task in football again.
“The fun in this sport is too much for that. If I feel a task appeals to me, I’m ready and attack again.”
While he may not be the glamour name he once was, the 62-year-old is still capable of coaching at the highest level.
His last role saw him last 22 games at Everton, though the fans never took to him due to his links with Merseyside rivals Liverpool.
In contrast, he was adored by Newcastle after he took the Magpies to the Premier League after winning the Championship in 2017.
It was claimed earlier this month that West Ham have earmarked him as a potential replacement for David Moyes.
A somehwat forgotten manager, the 45-year-old won the Portuguese League, Cup and Europa League in his only season in charge of Porto in the 2010-11 season.
Chelsea came calling, but he was sacked midway through the 2011/12 campaign, where he was then dismissed by Spurs in the 2013/14 season.
After winning the Russian Premier League with Zenit, he made the move to China, before returning to Europe to take over at Marseille in 2019.
A disagreement with the board over a transfer saw him axed in February 2021, though he impressed for the French side as he took them to Champions League for the first time in six years.
And it wouldn’t come as a shock if a Premier League side comes calling for Villas-Boas in the near future.
It is only a matter of time before a European club decides to take a gamble on the three-time South American Coach of the Year.
The 47-year-old stepped down as River Plate boss in November after a trophy-laden eight-year spell in charge of the Argentine side.
As well as winning the league title, he also won the Copa Libertadores – the South American equivalent of the Champions League – on two occasions.
And he also won the Copa Sudamericana – the equivalent of the Europa League – in 2014.
He took charge of the Saudi All-Stars in their friendly clash against PSG earlier this month, where Les Parisiens edged out a 5-4 win.
Make no mistake about it, the 51-year-old is a top coach – despite being sacked by Burnley after 10 years in April 2022.
Working on a shoestring budget at Turf Moor, he twice guided them to promotion to the top-flight, and took them as high as seventh in the 2017/18 season.
And it should come as no surprise that Everton have him on their radar to replace Lampard.
Dyche told talkSPORT in November how he is taking his time in getting back into management as he carefully assesses his options.