PORTUGAL face Ghana in their first clash at the World Cup as Cristiano Ronaldo sets out to win football’s most coveted prize.
Ronaldo won Euro 2016 as Portugal captain but he’s still looking for major success in the World Cup.
They were knocked out of the 2018 tournament in Russia at the round of 16 stage, losing 2-1 to Uruguay.
And with time running out for Ronaldo on the international stage, this is likely his last chance to win it all.
Ghana will also be looking to put a showing in similar to their 2010 heroics, when they reached the quarter-finals.
But they couldn’t be up against a tougher task in their first group game against Ronaldo and Co.
When is Portugal vs Ghana?
- Portugal’s clash with Ghana will take place on Thursday, November 24.
- The game will kick off from 4pm UK time.
- Portugal vs Ghana will be held at Stadium 947 in Qatar’s capital Doha.
- The two sides have played each other once before – at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, and the game finished 2-1 to Portugal.
Most read in Football
What TV channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Portugal vs Ghana will be shown live on ITV 1 in the UK.
- You can live stream the action from the ITV Hub, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch for FREE?
Yes, the game is available to watch for FREE in the UK, so long as you have a TV licence.