Tuchel was sacked by Chelsea last month following an inconsistent start to the new season which saw the team win just three of their first six Premier League games.
A 1-0 loss to Dinamo Zagreb in the Champions League was the final straw and Tuchel was dismissed less than 24 hours after the defeat in Croatia.
Tuchel has been offered a quick route back into management with Bayer Leverkusen but according to Sport1, the 49-year-old has turned down the chance to move to the Bundesliga club.
Leverkusen have made a woeful start to the new Bundesliga campaign as they have picked up just one win in eight games.
The German club also suffered their second defeat in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday evening as they were beaten 2-0 by Porto.
The result has piled even more pressure on head coach Gerardo Seoane, who is expected to be sacked.
Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso, who has been out of work since leaving Real Sociedad B in May after a three years in charge, has also been heavily linked with a move to Leverkusen.
Speaking before the defeat to Porto, Leverkusen’s CEO Fernando Carro admitted the club were ‘not unprepared’ to dismiss Seoane.
‘In Gerardo Seoane we have a very good coach who has skills that we saw last year and still see. We said that we want to achieve the turnaround with him,’ said Carro.
‘But we’re not naive either. We are not unprepared. If you didn’t prepare for all situations, you wouldn’t be doing your job properly.’
For more stories like this, check our sport page.