SPANISH FA chief Luis Rubiales has been accused of using federation funds to pay for sex parties – by the uncle he sacked.
Juan Rubiales, who was booted from his role as chief of staff at the FA’s Madrid headquarters in 2020, alleged his nephew organised the “private party” with “eight or 10 young girls” and made him pay for it with association funds.
Rubiales senior made the claims in a testimony to Spain’s anti-corruption prosecution office on May 30, but the details have just been published.
It is understood that in his voluntary statement, he told of “a party in a private chalet” in the town of Salobrena in Granada province in early 2020.
His evidence to the corruption department was that the event was officially designated as a “work” event but that “it was not so”.
Instead, he claimed, the rental of the house was “solely for the enjoyment of Luis Rubiales and his closest advisors”, with the cost paid from FA funds.
Critically, he also alleged that a long-standing former team-mate of ex-Levante and Alicante defender Rubiales – he played three games for Hamilton Academicals at the end of his career in 2009 – organised the party guests.
Juan Rubiales said: “A group of eight or 10 young girls was invited by the President’s friend and former player Nene.”
Rubiales also alleged that in August 2020 he had been told by his nephew to “find a formula to get money” to his father, also named Luis, who is a local politician and former mayor of the Granadan town of Motril.
According to Juan Rubiales, he offered to find the money from his own pocket but was instead ordered to ensure the money came from FA funds, causing a blazing row between the two.
Most read in Football
The allegations brought firm denials and an angry response from the Spanish FA on Rubiales’ behalf.
In a statement the RFEF (Royal Spanish Football Federation) said it “deeply regrets and categorically denies the statements” made by Juan Rubiales.
It added: “This is once again a new exercise in falsehoods and manipulation by a former federative employee motivated by spite, as well as by his demonstrated alliances and recognized by those who seek a constant deterioration of the image of the president of the RFEF.”
The federation dismissed the claims of “irregular and inappropriate behaviour at a work meeting with other department directors at which he was present.”
And in direct denials to the sex party claims, it added: “The former chief of staff refers to a coexistence of planning and organisation of federative executives in the town of Salobrena.
“The accommodation was entirely paid by each attendee, including Juan Rubiales. Neither the employees nor the RFEF were involved in any irregularity.
“Despite the seriousness of the alleged facts, Juan Rubiales has not provided a single piece of evidence either in the Prosecutor’s Office or in court to support his accusations.
“Neither on that date nor on any other was a single euro dedicated to issues that are not specific to the federation’s activity.
“This is one more step in the infamous campaign that the president has been suffering in recent months.”
Tapes of private conversations with members of the Spanish government also emerged while Rubiales claimed to be the victim of a hacking “mafia” targeting him, suggesting the “criminal” gang behind the leaks might consider killing him or planting drugs in his car.