World Cup 2022 hosts Qatar will kick off this winter’s showpiece tournament with an opening day clash against Ecuador this afternoon and talkSPORT will be there to bring you all the action!
Following years of talk, the Qatar World Cup is finally upon us.
The tournament will go down in history as one of the most controversial and disruptive ever staged but it’s now time for the football to take over.
The opening clash of Qatar v Ecuador has been brought forward a day to keep the tradition of the host nation opening up the competition.
Felix Sanchez’s ‘Maroons’ will be eager to prove they are worthy of staging such a momentous event and get off to a winning start in Group A.
They’ll take on Gustavo Alfaro’s Ecuador who edged past Peru, Colombia and Chile to qualify for the World Cup.
Qatar v Ecuador: talkSPORT coverage
This World Cup Group A tie will get underway at 4pm UK time on Sunday, November 20.
The game will be held at the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor.
The action will be live on talkSPORT from 3pm and we will also have a special pre-match preview show and plenty of analysis after full-time.
Adrian Durham will be your host and commentary will come from Ian Danter and former England striker Dean Ashton.
talkSPORT World Cup 2022 Coverage
talkSPORT will be offering wall-to-wall coverage of the 2022 World Cup
We’ll be broadcasting all 64 games in the tournament live, with over 600 hours of coverage across our network.
You can tune in to talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2 via our free online streaming service at talkSPORT.com.
talkSPORT is widely available across the UK via DAB digital radio and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
You can also download the talkSPORT app, or ask your smart speaker to play talkSPORT.
Kane offers Maguire advice on ‘how to get extra likes’ after training skill goes viral
France suffer another major blow as Benzema ruled out of World Cup
Lionesses legend opens up on her experiences in Qatar and slams outrage over beer ban
Everything you need to know about World Cup from fixtures to stadiums and timings
England’s possible route to Qatar 2022 World Cup final with dates and times confirmed
Infantino slammed for ‘tone deaf’ and ‘offensive’ speech ahead of World Cup in Qatar
Qatar v Ecuador: Squads and team news
talkSPORT will bring you all the latest news from the entire World Cup throughout November and December.
- Goalkeepers: Saad Al Sheeb, Meshaal Barsham, Yousuf Hassan
- Defenders: Pedro Miguel, Musaab Khidir, Tarek Salman, Bassam Al Rawi, Khoukhi Boualem, Abdelkarim Hassan, Ismael Mohammed, Homam Al Amin
- Midfielders: Jassim Jabir, Ali Asad, Mohammed Waad, Salem Al Hajri, Assim Modibo, Mustafa Meshaal, Karim Boudiaf, Abdulaziz Hatim, Naif Alhadhrami
- Forwards: Hassan Al-Haydos, Akram Afif, Almoez Ali, Mohammed Muntari, Ahmed Alaa, Khalid Muneer
- Goalkeepers: Alexander Dominguez, Hernan Galindez, Moises Ramirez
- Defenders: Pervis Estupinan, Angelo Preciado, Piero Hincapie, Xavier Arreaga, Diego Palacios, Jackson Porozo, Robert Arboleda, Felix Torres, William Pacho
- Midfielders: Moises Caicedo, Jose Cifuentes, Alan Franco, Jhegson Mendez, Carlos Gruezo, Gonzalo Plata, Angel Mena, Ayrton Preciado, Romario Ibarra, Jeremy Sarmiento
- Strikers: Enner Valencia, Michael Estrada, Djorkaeff Reasco, Kevin Rodriguez
Watch the World Cup with talkSPORT
At talkSPORT we are powered by fans, so come and join us for the ultimate World Cup fan experience this winter – at the talkSPORT Fan Zone.
In a huge indoor venue under the arches at Waterloo in London, we’ll bring you live screenings of every World Cup game.
There will be Q&As with talkSPORT talent, you’ll be part of our live broadcasts, and there will be plenty of food and drink on offer too.
Come and enjoy the best World Cup fan experience in London – and enjoy a pint on us – with tickets for England and Wales’ group stage games on sale now HERE!