HomeFootballPremier League Title Race: Arsenal and Man City's Remaining Fixtures

Premier League Title Race: Arsenal and Man City’s Remaining Fixtures


The Premier League title race is heating up as Arsenal’s 2-2 draw at Liverpool on Sunday has opened the door for reigning champions Manchester City. The Gunners, who are chasing their first title since 2004, now have a six point gap over City, but the latter have a game in hand and host Arsenal on 26 April in what could be a decisive fixture. Data company Nielsen’s Gracenote’s simulations suggest that City are now favourites with a 56% chance of lifting the trophy, while Arsenal’s chances are 44%.

The two sides have already met twice this season, with City winning 1-0 in the FA Cup in January and 3-1 in the league in February. However, Arsenal may have history on their side, as 13 sides in the top-flight have had 73 or more points after 30 games (when adapted to 3 points for a win) and only two of these have failed to go on and win the title.

Arsenal have just eight fixtures remaining, while City are still in the hunt for the FA Cup and Champions League, and could have a packed schedule between now and the end of the season. Their Premier League run-in includes Leicester (h) on 15 April, West Ham (a) on 16 April, Southampton (h) on 21 April, Sheffield United (FA Cup semi-final) on 22 April, Chelsea (h) on 29 April, Fulham (a) on 30 April, West Ham (h) on 3 May, Newcastle (a) on 7 May, Leeds (h) on 7 May, Brighton (h) on 14 May, Everton (a) on 14 May, Nottingham Forest (a) on 20 May, Chelsea (h) on 20 May, Wolves (h) on 28 May and Brentford (a) on 28 May.

City also have a superior goal difference – currently 48 to Arsenal’s 43 – which could become a factor. With so much at stake, the upcoming fixture between Arsenal and City is set to be an exciting one. The outcome of this match could be the deciding factor in who lifts the Premier League trophy come the end of the season.

Related articles:

Pochettino reacts to Gallagher red card in Chelsea’s win over Brighton

Mauricio Pochettino Disappointed with Conor Gallagher's Red Card in...

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Arsenal to Host Liverpool

The FA Cup third-round draw has been completed, with Arsenal hosting Liverpool the pick of the matches. Reigning FA Cup winners Manchester City will host Huddersfield Town, while beaten finalists Manchester United face a trip to Wigan Athletic. There is also a tantalising north-east derby as Newcastle United travel to Sunderland. The third round of the competition is the first in which Premier League and Championship teams take part. The first round proper, the stage where League One and League Two sides enter, began on November 4, with the second round taking place this weekend. Maidstone...

Liverpool midfielder’s new injury raises concerns about loan cancellation | G3 Football

Liverpool Midfielder James Balagizi's Loan Spell at Wigan Hampered...

“Harry Maguire defends hardworking Man Utd teammate amid criticism | G3 Football”

Harry Maguire Supports Marcus Rashford After Poor Performance ...

Study: VAR Decisions Spark Family Disputes in Football | G3

Controversial VAR Decisions Causing Family and Friend Rows, Survey...

Latest News:

Guardiola shocked by referee’s decision in G3 Football

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he was "surprised" by the referee's decision to blow for a foul on Erling Haaland at the end of their 3-3 draw against Tottenham Hotspur.

“Texans Rookie Tank Dell Injured vs. Broncos: Ankle Injury Update | G3 Football”

Houston Texans rookie receiver Tank Dell, one of the breakout players in this year’s draft class, was carted off the field in Sunday’s game against the Denver Broncos with an ankle injury. He was officially listed as questionable to return. Dell appeared to be rolled up on while attempting to block for running back Dameon Pierce on a 3-yard touchdown. The third-round draft pick out of Houston is tied for the lead among rookies with seven receiving touchdowns and ranks second among rookies with 709 yards. Dell this season became the first rookie in NFL history to have at least...

Pochettino reacts to Gallagher red card in Chelsea’s win over Brighton

Mauricio Pochettino Disappointed with Conor Gallagher's Red Card in...

“Pope’s Agonizing Shoulder Injury Deals Major Blow to Newcastle | G3 Football”

Newcastle Goalkeeper Nick Pope Suffers Shoulder Injury in Win...