Wednesday’s Liverpool news roundup includes all of the fallout from last night’s Jude Bellingham reports and Luis Diaz‘s latest steps to a full recovery.
The new “No. 1 priority” in midfield
In the wake of Liverpool’s U-turn in their interest in Bellingham, Mason Mount has emerged as the club’s new “No. 1 priority.”
That is according to football.london‘s Bobby Vincent, who also claims that there is “serious interest” in Mount’s team-mate Conor Gallagher.
It is, of course, not the first time that Mount and Gallagher have been touted with moves to Anfield, but it is clear that Liverpool have reshuffled their list.
GOAL‘s Neil Jones has also named Nicolo Barella (Inter Milan), Teun Koopmeiners (Atalanta) and Luka Sucic (Salzburg) as options.
- Jurgen Klopp was said to be “100% involved” in Liverpool’s decision to step away from negotiations with Borussia Dortmund
- Fenway Sports Group were criticised when local journalists broke the story, but some supporters have a theory behind the leaks
Other news from planet Liverpool
- Steven Gerrard has admitted to turning down various “exciting” offers from clubs and international teams to return to management
Latest chat from elsewhere
- The sale of Man United has entered a third round of bidding as the Glazer family look to accelerate the process (BBC)
- Marcus Rashford is set to miss “a few games” with a muscle injury he picked up during the 2-0 win over Everton at Old Trafford (Sky Sports)
Tweet of the day and match of the night
Lucho ? pic.twitter.com/PRfVWzw28A
— Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 12, 2023
It can be difficult to watch Champions League football when we’re not involved in it, but Chelsea travel to Real Madrid for their quarter-final first leg this evening if you are looking to keep tabs on proceedings.
Coverage on BT Sport 1 starts at 7pm (BST) ahead of kickoff at 8pm.