Manchester City face title rivals Liverpool in the Community Shield this afternoon as the curtain raiser to the 2022/23 season.
The two top teams from last year will do battle once more in a bid to win the first silverware of the campaign ahead of the Premier League returning.
City edged out the Reds to the title, while Jurgen Klopp’s men were victorious in the FA Cup and they have also been active in the transfer market.
The defending champions have recruited Erling Haaland, Kalvin Phillips, Stefan Ortega and Julian Alvarez, while the Reds have signed Darwin Nunez, Calvin Ramsay and Fabio Carvalho.
The Community Shield is part of the pre-season schedule, but whenever these two meet, there are fireworks, and it would be a surprise if it were any different this time around, especially with all of the new additions.
- Community Shield taking place today, Saturday, July 30 and will kick off at 5pm
- It is being held at Leicester’s King Power Stadium as the final of Women’s Euro 2022 is taking place at Wembley tomorrow
- Liverpool: Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Salah, Firmino, Diaz
- Man City: Ederson, Walker, Dias, Ake, Cancelo, De Bruyne, Rodri, Bernardo, Mahrez, Haaland, Grealish
- Match will be live on talkSPORT with Adrian Durham, Joe Shennan and former England defender Stuart Pearce
FOLLOW OUR LIVE BLOG BELOW FOR REGULAR UPDATES