Erik ten Hag insists nothing has changed with regards to Cristiano Ronaldo as the superstar remains absent from Manchester United training.
The 37-year-old is yet to return to the club following his summer break, being left out of the squad for their pre-season tour, citing personal reasons.
Ronaldo wants to leave the Red Devils following a disappointing sixth place finish in the Premier League last season, with the Portuguese icon desperate to keep playing at the highest level for the remaining years of his celebrated career.
Following reports he has asked United to let him go for the right price, Ronaldo has been linked with practically every elite club that can afford to sign him.
But, for perhaps the first time in his career, there have been no bites, with the likes of Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich and even Barcelona said to have turned down offers from agent Jorde Mendes to sign him.
Atletico Madrid are the latest club linked, with reports Ronaldo is even willing to take a 30 per cent pay cut to join the right club playing in the Champions League, but the Spanish club have also reportedly said no.
It appears Ronaldo’s decision on his future is clear, with friend Piers Morgan telling talkSPORT the five-time Ballon d’Or winner has ‘mentally moved on’ from Man United.
The TalkTV host, who said he has been in close contact with Ronaldo over recent weeks, added that he’s likely played his last game for United and his next move could be a ‘surprise’.
Ronaldo is currently at home in Lisbon and is said to be ‘awaiting instruction’ from his agent as he attempts to engineer an exit.
However, new United boss Ten Hag is keeping cool over the situation – focusing on the squad he has at his disposal right now – and has made it clear the club’s ‘not for sale’ stance has not changed.
Ahead of their next pre-season friendly against Aston Villa in Australia, Ten Hag was asked for an update on Ronaldo’s situation, and the Dutchman replied: “No [update].
“It’s the same as last week.”
Asked whether he was concerned that the longer Ronaldo stays away the less time he would have to be fit for the new campaign, the United boss said: “Of course. But concerning is maybe not the right word.
“I focus on the players who are there and they are doing really well. They are in good shape and I will further focus on that and develop that.
“I cannot wait for him coming in, then we will integrate him.”
United have just three more friendly games before the Premier League season starts against Brighton on August 7, with Ronaldo set to sit out the majority, if not all of them.