Tottenham will look to reverse their recent slump when they travel across the capital for a midweek London derby against Crystal Palace.
Spurs suffered a horror start to 2023 with a 2-0 home defeat to Aston Villa, while Palace beat Bournemouth by the same scoreline.
The Lilywhites failed to recover after conceding first for the tenth game in a row and have now dropped out of the top four.
Tottenham secured a 3-0 win over Palace on Boxing Day 2021 but the scorelines were reversed on their last trip to Selhurst Park.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: Date and time
This Premier League clash will take place on Wednesday, January 4.
The top-flight contest at Selhurst Park will kick-off at 8pm.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: TV channel and live stream
This match will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League with live coverage starting from 7:30pm.
Sky Sports customers can live stream this via the app using their mobile, tablet or computer devices.
If not, you can purchase a Sky Sports Day Pass from NowTV for £9.99.
talkSPORT.com will also be running a live blog of all the action too.
To tune in to talkSPORT or talkSPORT 2 through the website, click HERE for the live stream.
You can also listen via the talkSPORT app, on DAB digital radio, through your smart speaker and on 1089 or 1053 AM.
Specsavers troll Everton as Brighton pile misery on Lampard with hammering
Martinez given hero’s reception as Man United fans unfurl controversial banner
Man United 3-0 Bournemouth LIVE REACTON: Hosts close in on Newcastle with big win
Ten Hag with worrying update as Man United’s Van de Beek forced off after collision
Former Man City star Zabaleta becomes Albania assistant with ex-Arsenal man as manager
Man United target Giroud swoop after pulling the plug on £18.3m Joao Felix loan
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: Team news
The hosts can welcome back James Tomkins from suspension but Tyrick Mitchell is still serving the final to games of his ban.
The Eagles are also struggling with a number of injuries, with Sam Johnstone, Nathan Ferguson and James McArthur all sidelined.
Harry Kane, meanwhile, is one yellow card away from joining Yves Bissouma in being suspended for Tottenham, who are already missing a number of other key stars.
Richarlison, Lucas Moura and Rodrigo Bentancur are all confirmed absentees, while Dejan Kulusevski is still a doubt.
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: What has been said?
Spurs’ recent poor form have put both Heung-Min Son and captain Hugo Lloris in the firing line but Conte gave his backing to the pair.
Conte said: “Son for sure is struggling to find the best form and after the injury he had against Marseille he struggled a bit.
“Also the World Cup he didn’t score but we are talking about a player that if we put him in discussion, we are in trouble because Sonny and [Harry] Kane are the two most important players, with Lloris.
“If we have doubts about them, we are in trouble.”
Crystal Palace vs Tottenham: Match facts
- Spurs manager Antonio Conte has lost two of his five Premier League matches against Crystal Palace, both with Chelsea in 2017. He’s only lost more Premier League games against Manchester United (4).
- Spurs’ Harry Kane has scored nine goals in 28 Premier League games played on Wednesdays, his worst goals-per-game ratio on a single day of the week in the competition (0.3). However, he’s already scored at least 10 goals on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and could become the first player to reach double figures on as many as six different days of the week in Premier League history.
- Tottenham striker Harry Kane has been involved in eight goals in his last six Premier League appearances against Crystal Palace, scoring five and assisting three. Overall, the Eagles are one of just two teams Kane has scored 5+ goals (8) and provided 5+ assists (5) against in the Premier League, along with Southampton (11 goals, 6 assists).
- Crystal Palace have won just two of their last 15 Premier League games in January (D6 L7), beating Sheffield United and Wolves in 2021. They have won none of their last 10 London derbies in the month (D3 L7).
- Tottenham have fallen two goals behind in four of their last five away Premier League games (W1 D1 L2), including their last three, although they’ve avoided defeat in their last two (3-2 vs Bournemouth, 2-2 vs Brentford). No team has ever gone 2+ goals behind in three consecutive away games and avoided defeat in each one.
- Crystal Palace’s final home league game of 2022 was a 3-0 defeat to Fulham, their heaviest home defeat since April 2021, losing 4-1 to Chelsea. Palace haven’t lost consecutive home Premier League games since January/February 2022, a run of three.
- Crystal Palace have lost their first league game of a calendar year on each of the last seven occasions the match has been a London derby, in a run stretching back to a 4-1 loss at Arsenal in 1990. The Eagles’ first Premier League match of 2022 was a 3-2 home loss to West Ham.
- Tottenham haven’t won any of their last 10 away Premier League games against fellow London sides (D4 L6) since a 1-0 win at Fulham in March 2021. It’s their longest ever run without an away London derby win in their league history.
- Of every Premier League side they’ve played more than 20 times, only against Sunderland (66%) do Tottenham have a higher win rate than they do against Crystal Palace (58% – won 15 of 26 meetings).
- Crystal Palace won this exact fixture 3-0 last season – they’ve never won consecutive home league games against Spurs before.
talkSPORT BET OFFER OF THE DAY
Get up to £25 in free bets + 25 free spins* – CLAIM HERE
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet up to £25 (min. £10) on selected events at odds of 2.00+, in 7 days. Get up to £25 in free bets on selected events + 25 Free Spins on D10S Maradona slot. Bonuses expire in 7 days. Card payments only. T&Cs apply, see below. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly